These things are important to know when you give
to the USS Yorktown (CV-10) Association:
- We are a 501(c)(19). As a veterans non-profit, all donations made to us are tax deductible. Simply keep your receipt for your taxes.
- We are the veterans who served on the USS Yorktown and their families – and we’re proud of it! Let’s just say our patriotism comes from personal experience.
- We’ve been in existence for 75 years! That’s right. We were founded in 1948 by the veterans who served on the USS Yorktown in World War II. These men and those of us who served on the ship throughout her history, pooled resources and military influence to save the ship from being scrapped in 1970. We came with her to Charleston, South Carolina in 1975 and created her first exhibits, built the Smokey Stover Theater, acquired World War II aircraft for her decks…the list goes on and on. We’re not done yet.
- We are on the USS Yorktown at Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, but we do not receive any proceeds collected from ticket sales, tours, or the gift shop. Patriots Point is a state agency. While their revenue takes care of salaries, maintenance, and exhibits, sometimes they could use a little extra help with special projects and renovations. That’s where non-profits like us come in. But we must raise our own funds for it. That’s where you come in!
- We are grateful for every dollar you donate. Because of donors like you, we’ve been able to share our stories on the USS Yorktown, host an annual reunion on the ship, and memorialize our fellow veterans. Every dollar you donate is a blessing to our cause.